Peanut butter Jelly Granola
Who doesn’t love this delicous classic combo, peanut butter and jelly… In our home we eat a lot of peanut butter. I mean, really a lot. My kids love it and I honestly love it too, it’s soo tasty, and can be used for both sweet and savoury dishes. So when I thought of making a granola I thought I’d add some of the peanut butter goodness in there. And it turns out to be delicious!
Then I wanted to try the jelly part in this granola too. I honestly did try it with real jelly at first (yes I know, I should’ve known) that didn’t work out. The jam is too wet and won’t dry enough (in my experience). So then I decided to add a lot of dried fruits. Since jelly basically consists of fruits with sugar this actually works very well. I think the sweet and chewy fruits pair really well with the crunchy salty peanuts. If you love peanutbutter and jelly you should really give this granola a try too!
Peanutbutter Jelly Granola
- 8 dl rolled oats (4 cups)
- 2 dl salted peanuts (1 cup)
- 1.5 dl seeds (flax, pumpkin, sunflower) (1 1/3 cup) Optional OR replace by oats
- 1.5 dl dried fruits (raisins, cranberries, apricots) (1 1/3 cup)
- 2 dl peanutbutter (1 cup)
- 2-4 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (sunflower)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together but do NOT add the dried fruits yet.
- Mix the wet ingredients together with a fork.
- Add together and make sure all the dry ingredients are covered in the mixture.
- Put on a baking sheet and put in the oven at 175 C / 350 F for about 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and put the dried fruits on there. Mix things up a bit and put back in the oven for about 15 minutes or until slightly browned.
- And there you have your delicious peanut butter jelly granola. It’s super crunchy and gives the real peanutbutter jelly flavour. Add to yoghurt, smoothiebowls, overnight oats or anything else you’d like!