Mini Apple tarts
This recipe is such a win! I love these mini apple tarts! They are made of a lot of healthy ingredients, are gluten free, vegan and most importantly DELICIOUS! I came up with it when we made energy balls, but then instead of making balls from the dough we ended up spreading them out like a little tart bottom. The apple filling is made from caramalized apples, and it is sooo yummie!
My kids wanted to help with the baking, obviously because they wanted to eat the dough… That was no problem with this dough, as it consists of so many healthy ingredients.
I really recommend making this recipe for both adults and kids. I also love that it’s gluten free, how convenient! Check out the recipe with allll the picutres.
Mini apple tarts
- 2 dl Cashew Nuts about 1 cup
- 1 dl Pumpkin Seeds about 1/4 cup
- 15 Dates
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 Apples *or more, depending on size
- 0.5 dl Brown Sugar about 2 heaped tablespoons
- Mix the ingredients for the dough together in a mixer. Mix long enough for the mixture to become a real dough ball.
- Peel the apples and slice them in small cube-like forms. Put the apples in a baking pan with the sugar on a low to medium heat.
- Grease a muffin tray with some (vegan) butter or oil (kids love to help out with this 🙂
- Place pieces of the dough in the molds and try to make an even layer.
- Something like this, so it can hold some apple pieces and caramalized sauce.
- Then your apples will be ready too.
- Fill up the muffin-cups and put in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Thaw a bit before serving (about 5-10 minutes) but should ideally still be a little bit cold. Otherwise it will get a bit messy with the caramel sauce (tastes just as good though).